The HPE™ BlueHorizon™ is a flatbed system for horizontal electrophoresis for precast gels, self-cast gels and gel strips. Main applications are isoelectric focusing (IEF) incl. the run of IPG strips in 2D PAGE, SDS PAGE and the separation of nucleic acids in polyacrylamide gels.
The unit consists of a stable metal housing and an integrated drawer. The drawer holds the cooling plate with connectors for the external refrigeration system. The cooling plate is made from special ceramic material (max. gel size 260 x 205 mm) for efficient cooling. It provides even heat dissipation, allowing to run gels at a temperature down to 4 °C. This is particularly important when applying high voltage to thin isoelectric focusing (IEF) gels.
The electrode lid comes with one pair of platinum electrodes. 3 fixed electrode positions allow the usage of a wide range of different sized gels. Optional, an electrode lid with a triple electrode arrangement for bi-directional gel runs is available. The easy-to-clean housing allows placing the power supply on top of the unit saving valuable space on your bench.
- High capacity cooling plate suitable for high voltage applications like IEF etc.
- Fixed platinum electrode distances of 270, 195 and 115 mm.
- For all kinds of film-backed flatbed gels, selfcast or precast.
- Samples are easy to load.
- Economical reagent usage (minimising running buffer volume).
- Smart design - made in Germany.