The BlueMarine™ electrophoresis units are applied to the separation of nucleic acids in agarose gels. Most common applications are rapid screening of PCR fragments, analysis of restriction digests and plasmid preparations, checking in vitro transcripts etc.
BlueMarine™ units are designed for safe and easy handling and feature a rugged, most durable acrylic construction. Double insulated cables are rated safe up to 500 V. Gold plated electrical connectors are corrosion-free. The recessed power connectors are integrated into the safety lid. The platinum electrodes (0.2 mm Ø) are user replaceable. This design ensures a long-lasting unit for daily use.
- User-friendly design.
- Gels can be casted, run and detected in the same tray (UV transparent) - easy to prepare and to start.
- Gel casting gates - no taping, leak-free: blue sealing gaskets with improved fit; insert the gaskets and pour the gel, no extra sealing step required.
- 2 to 4 comb positions: for parallel analysis of max. sample numbers.
- Red contrasting stripes on the white support plate below all comb positions: simple gel loading by better visibility of the wells.
- External handles: facilitate to move around the closed unit safely even when filled.
- Choice of combs: different thickness and number of wells, combs for multichannel-pipette-loading and preparative combs.
- Compact, durable, ergonomic design.
1 main unit, 2 x removable UV transparent gel trays (15 x 20 cm and 15 x 15 cm), 4 gel casting gates and 2 combs (1.0 mm, 16 samples).
|Max. operating voltage:||500 V|
|Max. operating current:||300 mA|
|Approx. gel volume (5 mm gel thickness):||115 ml (with 15 x 15 cm tray)|
150 ml (with 15 x 20 cm tray)
|Possible comb positions:||2 (with 15 x 15 cm tray)|
4 (with 15 x 20 cm tray)
|Max. of loadable samples:||62 (with 15 x 15 cm tray)|
124 (with 15 x 20 cm tray)
|Electrode distance:||28.5 cm|
|Recommended V / cm:||20 to 200|