The refractometer Abbemat 200 is the ideal tool for fast and precise measurements of the refractive index for all applications. It provides the highly developed technology of the Abbemat-series for users with a limited budget. The refractometer has all the necessary functions to determine the refractive index or concentrations, is extremely simple to operate and installed in no time at all - ideal even for small laboratories without complex data processing.
The refractometer is suitable for the measurement of liquids, pastes and solids. Both turbid, coloured or non-transparent samples, as well as liquids with air bubbles do not represent a problem. Humidity, ambient temperature or vibrations do not impact the measurement result.
- Simple, user-friendly operation.
- Membrane keys: resistant to fluids and dirt; easy to operate wearing gloves.
- Automatic warning, if the sample volume is not sufficient for a reliable measurement.
- No sample preparation required, measurement results within seconds.
- Integrated Peltier temperature control (10 to 60 °C).
- Automatic temperature correction.
- Large number of scales is deposited, to convert the refractive index to concentration e. g.
- Compliance with international standards as ASTM, ICUMSA, OIML, AOAC, DIN / ISO, FDA, ISI, JIS and SSDT-methods.
- Result memory.
- Data export to MS Excel.
- Check of trimming and validity for every measurement.
|Materials in contact with sample:|
|YAG, FFKM, PP GF 30, st. steel|
colour LED light source, Ø lifetime > 100000 h
Min. sample volume:
approx. 0.2 ml
|Measurement time per sample:|
Scales / methods:
|5 s (after temperature adaption)|
sugar, syrup and honey, alcohol, urine, serum, more than 30 other scales
|RS232, 3 USB-Ports|
100 to 240 V, alternating current + 10 % / - 15 %, 50 / 60 Hz, min. 10 W, max. 100 W, dep. on sample temperature adjustm. and ambient temperature
|Dimensions (L x W x H):|
|300 x 145 x 330 mm|
|Measuring range refractive index scale (RI)|
1.3 to 1.72 nD
|± 0.00001 nD|
± 0.0001 nD
|Sample- / prism temperature control via integrated solid thermostat (Peltier)|
Temperature probe accuracy:*
|10 to 60 °C|
± 0.05 °C
|Temperature probe stability:*||± 0.002 °C|
|Measuring range Brix scale|
|Range:||0 to 100°|