The WAVE Maxi complete electroblotting system provides all necessary components for performing transfers from vertical slab gels.
WAVE high-intensity transfer system:
- Interchangeable modular inserts combine vertical PAGE with electro-transfer using the same universal tank and lid.
- Multi-transfer capability for up to 4 WAVE Maxi gels, 8 omniPAGE Mini Wide and 16 omniPAGE Mini gels.
- Complete flexibility with power settings as experimental needs dictate: perform overnight transfer at voltages as low as 35 V; and rapid, high-intensity transfers at 200 V in 1 to 2 h.
- Standard insert with platinum wire electrodes 8 cm apart for increased capacity; and a high intensity insert with plate electrodes 4cm apart for transfer rapidity.
- Detachable cooling coil, which connects to the laboratory water supply or a recirculating chiller, prevents buffer depletion to allow overnight transfers and fast high-intensity blots, and maintains the low temperatures important for protein stability during native transfers.
- Open design, rigid cassettes maximise current transfer and eliminate 'shadow band' formation.
- Colour-coded cassettes prevent polarity reversal.
Combine the cooling capacity of wet submarine blotting units with the speed of semi-dry transfer systems. Both systems utilise plate electrodes to create a higher strength electric field and greater current density than conventional wire-electrode systems. This allows transfer of broad range molecular weight proteins to be achieved typically in 1 to 2 h using the WAVE Blot System.
- Plate-electrodes 4 cm apart in WAVE Sub Blot system for transfer of one Maxi gel.
- Open design, rigid cassettes maximise gel-to-membrane compression for efficient current transfer; colour-coded to prevent polarity reversal.
|Max. gel size:||17.5 x 18 cm (active gel dimensions)|
|Gel capacity:||4 x WAVE Maxi gels (standard blotting insert)|
1 x WAVE Maxi gel (high-intensity blotting insert)
|Electrode type:||platinum wire (standard blotting insert)|
platinum-coated titanium and st. steel (high-intensity blotting insert)
|Outer tank buffer volume:||5.3 l working volume to 6.4 l max.|