The WAVE Maxi 2-D tube gel system provides all necessary components for 2-D electrophoresis using capillary ampholyte tube gels.
- Interchangeable modular inserts run capillary tube gels for first-dimension IEF and vertical slab gels for second-dimension SDS-PAGE using the same universal tank and lid.
- Detachable cooling coil, which connects to the laboratory water supply or a recirculating chiller, enables application of high voltages to achieve precise, high-resolution focusing for pI determination.
- Focus up to 10 first-dimension IEF tube gels within a single run using the dedicated 2-D insert, or use included blanking ports to run fewer gels if preferred.
- Run up to four 20 x 20 cm second-dimension slab gels using specially adapted notched glass plates with bonded 2-D spacers to accommodate 18 cm tube gels.
- System may also be used for 18 cm IPG strips resolved in the first-dimension on the Biocom flat-bed IEF system.
- Two 24 sample 1 mm combs incl. for routine SDS-PAGE techniques.
1 x WAVE Maxi vertical unit (incl. PAGE insert, 2 x 4 mm thick notched glass plates, 2 x 4 mm thick plain glass plates with 1mm thick bonded spacers, 1 x dummy plate, 2 x combs (1 mm thick 24 samples), 1 x casting base, silicone mat, cooling pack), 1 x WAVEDCI capillary electrophoresis module (incl. WAVE Maxi tube gel insert, 100 x capillary tubes, 10 x blanking ports), 1 x WAVE IEF-KIT (1 set of plain glass plates with bonded spacers, (W x H) 0.6 x 20 cm), 2 x 2-D combs with one 3.5 mm marker lane and one 18 cm preparatory well.
|IEF tube gel capacity:||1 to 10|
|No. of 2nd dimension PAGE gels:||2 as standard, max. 4|
|Buffer volume 2-D insert:||640 ml|
|Outer tank buffer volume:||5.3 l|
|Tube gel dimensions (L x Ø):||18 x 0.1 cm|
|Plate dimensions (W x H x T):||20 x 20 x 0.4 cm|
|2-D gel dimensions (W x H):||18.8 x 17.5 cm|
|Blotting cassettes dimensions:||20 x 20 cm|