For exact hybridisations of DNA and RNA probes with nucleic acid on filter paper and for incubations of protein blots with antibodies.
The small quantity of hybridisation liquid that is required enables the user to work with high concentrations of probes or antibodies. Other applications are also possible. Instead of the rotating rack, the incubator's interior can be equipped with up to 5 non-tilt and pull-out trays (accessories). The rotating rack to accept the hybridisation vessels is driven by a geared motor via a sliding clutch. It is easily removable and can be loaded outside the incubator.
- The ventilator ensures optimum temperature distribution throughout the cabinet interior.
- Electronical monitoring of the temperature controller triggers a visual alarm in case of fault, e. g. if the set value is exceeded by 4 °C. The heating is switched off, the cause of the fault is shown on the LED display.
- Thermostatic over-temperature cut-out to protect the heating element.
- High resolutions of the detections and even results due to the constancy of 10 min-1.
- Soft-touch keys with clear symbols. Protection against unintended alterations by two-finger operation.
- Clear view of the interior cabinet through a large acrylic glass window. Keys to switch on 2 cabinet lamps temporarily.
- The interior parts of the unit, such as cabinet walls, air baffle plate, interior door frame, rotating racks and the removable drip tray under the rotating rack are made of stainless steel, the robust housing is made of electrolytically galvanised sheet steel, powder coated.
- Overtemperature cut-out: electronical / dependent on the set value, with visual alarm at 4 °C above the set temperature, and electro-mechanical > 130 °C.
- The unit bears the TÜV-, CE- and EAC marks.