The RX-5000 is an excellent refractometer which allows direct reading of refractive index, temperature-corrected refractive index and temperature-corrected Brix (%) of various liquids. The prism is a durable sapphire prism which is scratch and corrosion resistant and assures a sustained high-reliability measurement. For the measurement of petrochemicals, processed foods, oil refinery products, crude oil, heavy oil, perfumes, chemicals, organic solvents etc. (with refractive index nD, nDt). For the measurement of soft drinks, fruit juices, coffee, condensed milk, jams, sauces or soup etc. with Brix (sugar content or soluble solid, %) measurement mode.
- Sapphire prism.
- Automatic compensation of temperature differences in nD and Brix measurements.
- Brought about by means of previously stored temperature correction data.
- Stunningly compact and extremely rugged design for continuos performance of highly accurate and extremely reliable measurements.
- Rapid display of measuring results: average measuring time has been reduced to approx. 4 s. The increased speed and simplified operation of the RX-5000 will boost the efficiency of your daily work.
- Very large, easy-to-read dot-matrix LCD with brightness control showing (in measuring mode) all relevant data of the menu, such as date, time, measuring temperature, measured value etc.
- Small sample volume (only 2 to 3 drops).
- Printer output, computer output.
- Possibility for connection of a thermostate.
- RX-5000 Alpha with Peltier element, connection to a water bath is not necessary.
- RX-5000 Alpha Plus features improved accuracy with Brix ± 0.010 and nD ± 0.00002.
|Measuring ranges:||0.00 to 100.00 % Brix|
1.33000 to 1.58000 nD
|Measuring accuracy (with clear sugar liquid):||± 0.03 % Brix, ± 0.00004 nD|
± 0.01 % Brix, ± 0.00002nD (Alpha Plus)
|Scale graduations:||0.01 % Brix|
|Measuring temperature:||5 to + 60 °C|
|Ambient temperature:||5 to + 35 °C|
|Display:||dot-matrix LCD (320 x 240 dots)|
|Light source:||LED (wavelength close to D-line)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||370 x 200 x 120 mm|
|Output interfaces:||Centronics for printer|
RS-232-C for computer
|Mains supply (AC-adapter):||85 to 264 V AC|